Nasty Gal Phase Out Tank,
$65.00 $19.50; BCBGeneration Sequin Shorts, $88.00 $21.11 (similar to pictured); Sam Edelman Leopard Print Booties; Sunday Somewhere Soelae Sunglasses, $265.00; Rings available at Heirlume
I just found these navy blue sequin shorts tucked away at the back of my closet the other day and got super excited and inspired. I love sequins almost as much as I love neon! That’s why I simply couldn’t resist putting together this fun list of the top 10 reasons you too should wear sequins. Some are meant to be taken seriously, others not so much. I’ll let you be the judge…
1. Because they make everything look fancier, especially a pair of elastic band shorts. Did I mention I’m like, really into comfort too?
2. All of your girl friends are starting to get engaged, which, let’s be real, means at least a third of them (if not more) will be having their bachelorette parties in Vegas. And what else do you wear in Vegas besides sequins???? Um, nothing. Absolutely nothing.
3. Because a little bling bling never hurt anyone. I mean honestly, it didn’t…
4. You’re desperately hoping someone super important snaps a street style photo of you and your career suddenly takes off. Fellow fashion bloggers, listen up: if there’s one way to catch a photographer’s eye, it’s with sequins. Trust me, always with sequins.
5. You have a holiday party to attend. What are you waiting for girl? Just throw on some sequins! Everyone will automatically think you’re super festive even if you’re a total grinch, guaranteed.
6. It’s your birthday! And as we all know, the birthday betch is basically given a free pass to sport the shortest, sparkliest, sexiest dress she can possibly find.
7. Your outfit is boring. Oh no! What will spice it up? A sequin accessory or two, me thinks.
8. You like compliments. People always want to give people wearing sequins compliments. It’s like a known fact or something.
9. It’s New Years Eve, yay! The only time of year (other than Halloween) when it’s perfectly acceptable to dress up like a disco ball. Not that you should, but yeah.
10. You want to make your ex jealous. A skin-tight sequin mini dress will do the trick every single freaking time. No questions asked.